Monday, July 01, 2013

Re-Seeding

It is hard to believe that is has been more than nine years since the original planting in this garden. A lot sure has changed since then. The whole idea behind the blog was to just have some fun with my writing in my leisure time. LEISURE TIME!!! What the hell is that? The time in between loads of laundry? Or the half hour drive to music lessons? Or just the six hours of sleep I may be lucky enough to get at night? I'm not really complaining though - this is the life I have chosen and I greatly enjoy staying home and taking care of our kids. But I need to find some time for myself. So, I'm going to work in the Dandelion Garden.

Some of the long-time visitors may have noticed a change in the title description. If not, go ahead and check it out......Here's what it used to state:
Tripping through the Dandelion Garden you may come across many of the different people living in my brain. First there's Otis the loveable town drunk. Then there's Hodji, the Ethiopian nomad who enjoys skinny dipping in the middle of the night. But most of the time you'll be hanging out with Jim - a pretty good guy.

Yeah, there isn't much skinny dipping going on anymore and while I haven't given up on drinking, I'm no where near the level of my favorite town drunk. But I still have plenty of crazy thoughts as well as a few new friends. The last post, before this one, was made about a month before the Thrill came into my life - she's kid #4. There are many words to describe the Thrill ranging from cute and hug-able to devilish and trouble. Most of all she just has daddy wrapped around her finger (and a few other people too.) With the other three kids in school she has been my partner in crime for the last year or so. I've actually missed our time together in the last month with the others being off for summer. But we're counting down the days til the new school year - 59 to go!

We have a chart on the fridge to make sure the kids keep up with their chores, do their summer reading, practice their instruments, etc. They get a quarter for each achievement. This week I included myself in the chart. I need to exercise, do some extra cleaning, and make sure I do some leisure reading and writing. I don't know who is going to pay me, but I want my quarter.

No comments: