Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Just Another Hump Day

After a rainy Monday we spent most of Tuesday running around between a doctor appointment, classes at the Y and music lessons. So we're spending today outside. It's frickin' beautiful out here. And while I may still just be on the computer, there are a ton of things happening.

Even with a spectacular day like today it's important to remember that we are two months into summer and telling the kids to just go out and play doesn't quite work. So I prepared a few projects. We stopped by the hobby store and got some things - a Tornado Tube, Spider Balls, a Rolly Polly playground (yes we now have bugs for pets), some new watercolors and a few new coloring books. We also need to fill up the hummingbird feeders, plant a sunflower that Chick bought the other day and pick some vegetables. Plenty to do to make the kids forget about filling the pool - it's actually too cold (July 24!!!) to go swimming.

My latest app addiction is The Simpsons Tapped Out . It's no Farmville but still fun and utterly ridiculous. I have barbed wire surrounding Springfield Elemntary, meters in the parking lot of the church and Krusty Burger right next to the nuclear power plant. I'm a few thousand bucks away from buying Moe's Tavern and I'm getting it today, damnit. I need a Duff!

We just put some of the spider balls in the tornado bottles. Pretty cool. The Rolly Pollys may be next!

The other project I'm working on today is cereal. Yes, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks and Lucky Charms. Our local grocer has a sale starting tomorrow where you can buy 4 boxes, mix or match, and get 20 cents off a gallon of gas. It's good deal considering how much cereal our family goes through - and gas! Normally we buy store brand so I'm trying to find the right coupons and calculate the best buys. That may seem boring to most but it's my job. And if that's the most boring thing I do today then I'm way ahead of most.

No comments: